Wednesday, October 24, 2012

"While We're Waiting: What is the Significance of My Life?"

Meditation
“May the God of peace sanctify you wholly; and may your spirit and soul and body be kept sound and blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.” 1 Thessalonians 5:23




Call to Worship  
Leader: You are in our midst, O Lord, and we are called by your name.

People: Stir up in us the desire to fulfill this sacred calling.

Unison: May we devote each day to serving your Son, our Savior, Jesus Christ the Lord. Amen.


Prayer of Confession
Gracious God, you know our frailty and understand our failures.  Cleanse us by your forgiveness, purge the stain of sin, and make pure our hearts within us.  Mend what is broken in our lives, that we may be whole with the peace of Jesus Christ. Amen.


Assurance of God's Faithfulness
Leader: Jesus said, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid." (John 14:27)

People: Jesus also said, "Come to me, all who labor and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28)

Leader: May these words of Jesus bring rest to our weary souls and comfort to our aching hearts. Amen.


Scripture Lessons  New Testament: 2 Peter 3:8-15a
Sermon: "While We're Waiting: What is the Significance of My Life?"  (Dr. Calvin Reynolds)




You can listen to this sermon as well as the other sermons in this series by going to the following link: http://www.sppcsa.com/pages.asp?pageid=93516

No comments:

Post a Comment