Friday, October 19, 2012

“While We're Waiting: Looking Is Not For Us”


Meditation
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.” Revelation 1:8

 

Call to Worship

Leader: Blessed is the one who makes the Lord his trust, who does not look to the proud or to those who turn aside to false gods.

People: Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you have planned for us no one can even number.

Unison: We come this day to give you glory and honor and praise for what you have done in our past and what you will do in our future. Amen.

 

Prayer of Confession (Psalm 38:4-6a)
“O Lord, my guilt has overwhelmed me like a burden too heavy to bear. My wounds fester and are loathsome because of my sinful folly. I am bowed down and brought very low.” Lift me up, O God. Deliver me from my sins. Take away the guilt, so that I can press on for you, so that I can live again in your glory. Amen.

 

Assurance of Pardon (Psalm 32:1-2, 7)
Leader: Blessed is the one whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.

People: Blessed is the one whose sin the Lord does not count against him and in whose spirit is no deceit.

Unison: You are my hiding place, O Lord. You will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. Amen.

 

Scripture Lessons
New Testament: Acts 1:6-11
Sermon: “While We'reWaiting: Looking Is Not For Us” (Dr. Calvin Reynolds)

 

You can listen to this sermon as well as the other sermons in this series by going to the following link: http://www.sppcsa.com/pages.asp?pageid=93516

No comments:

Post a Comment